Thursday, March 3

That Little Blue Box

I love the dark chocolate milky ways and I was recently enjoying a bar when all of a sudden I went back in time to my childhood and my first bitter taste of "dark chocolate". Yep, my family kept a medicine cabinet sort of what they thought was out of my reach but they didn't know what I could do if I set my mind to it, and that day I set my mind on that little blue box which I kept seeing them partake of so I decided it was time I found out about the goodness inside that little box. I got a chair, put it in range of the blue box and "I got it", placed the chair back, and laughed heartedly because I had pulled a good one. I opened the box of ex-lax and took me out two bars (I guess it would have been more if there had been more), but I hurriedly put them in my mouth and got the shock of my life...this was not what I was wanting, no, not at all; it was not a bar of Hershey, by a long shot, but afraid to spit it out, I swallowed it, and shuddered all the while. The next morning I was brushing my teeth, a pain hit me in the butt and right then and there they found out right fast what I had done...it was a ghastly mess, and that little blue box took a big bite out of me and to this day I cannot eat a dark chocolate bar without reliving that bitter taste of ex-lax. They scolded me good but did not whip my butt because they figured that little part of my anatomy had paid a dear price already. Needless to say, I never ventured to open another box of ex-lax and have never dared give my children any either.

3 comments:

  1. Another good one, Ida Lee.

    Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. IdaLee, that absolutely made my day. Wonderful story!! I know it wasn't funny at the time but I couldn't help but laugh when I read it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ex-Lax thing was a big improvement over holding your nose while Grandma poured a tablespoon of Castor oil down your throat.

    ReplyDelete